SEDUM TURF HELPS CREATES GREEN SPACES IN ANY ENVIRONMENT
Sedum Turf is grown outdoors at Eagle Lake Professional Landscape Supply’s farm east of Strathmore, Alberta. Sedum Turf is composed of a broad selection of Sedums grown on a biodegradable coconut fibre and soil base. Sedum species are selected to create a diverse, vibrant and locally hardy palette.
*Sedum blends contain a minimum of 10 Sedum species. Sedum varieties will vary based on seasonal availability.
DISCOVER THE BENEFITS OF SEDUM TURF
Pre-grown and as easy to install as landscape turf, this product can also be cut into pieces for in-between rocks and other garden applications. Urban Sedum Turf is grown with soil on a coconut fibre mat for ease of handling and installation.
Many Sedums will flower from late spring through fall in a succession of different colours. Sedum flowers attract butterflies, bees, and other pollinating insects. The dried stems are often used by birds for nest building material.
- Similar Installation process to conventional sod
- Prepare a base of top soil. Wet soil before installation and apply a starter fertilizer
- Weed top soil thoroughly prior to installation
- Simply lay pieces on ground, lay pieces tight together and stagger joints where possible
- Water heavily to the point of run off every couple of days for 2-3 weeks after installation
- Install from May to October at grade for best results. No later than August 15th on Green Roofs
- Plant in full to part sun locations, Sedum Turf is not appropriate for shady locations
- If planting in areas with foot traffic it is recommended to provide a walkway
- Avoid plant in areas that will receive significant foot traffic during the winter*
*Sedums will tolerate light and occasional foot traffic but will not tolerate any winter foot traffic.
- After establishment: Water only occasionally in cases of drought
- Bi-weekly hand weeding is recommended. Do not use broad leaf pesticides.
In early Spring before growth starts:
- Mow with lawn mower set at 2” height on mulch setting
- After mowing apply slow release fertilizer in +/- 10-10-10 range – we sell an appropriate product
- Mow with lawn mower set at 2” height on mulch setting to keep height down and maintain the diversity of varieties.
Each 53cm x 53cm or 20 ¾” x 20 ¾” (3 square foot) piece of Sedum Turf comes 95% pre-grown. The soil base has an average thickness of 1” or 2cm – 3cm and weighs 2Kg (4.5lbs) per square foot fully saturated. Sedum Turf is cut to order and is shipped with pieces stacked on a pallet, with a full pallet holding 240 square feet.
Join Our Contractor Referral Program
Not sure where to start or are you a contractor looking for landscaping jobs?