PLANTING & GARDENING BLENDS
- Alberta Gold
- Alberta Gold – Veggie Blend
- Garden Blend (50/50 Landscape Blend)
- Lightweight Interior Tropical media Blend
- Interior Tropical Planting Blend
- Planting Blend + Bone Meal (contact for further information)
- LEED Spec Planting Blend (contact for further information)
- 4-Way Topdress
- 3-Way Topdress
GREEN ROOF BLENDS
- Extensive Rooftop Media Blend
- Semi-Intensive Rooftop Media Blend
- Intensive Rooftop Media Blend
- Rooftop Planter Blend
- Integrated Rooftop Planter Blend
LOW INPUT DEVELOPMENT BLENDS
BULK SOIL AND ENGINEERED GROWING MEDIA
- Laboratory testing forms the basis of everything we produce.
- We purchase and stock large volumes to produce predictable and cost effective blends.
- We focus on locally available ingredients whenever possible.
- We can produce imported soil or provide amendments to improve existing site conditions.
Why Should Architects and Engineers Specify Soil?
- Quality Control – Landscapers will provide the bare minimum unless otherwise specified.
- Provide clarity in the bidding process – Contractors can provide apples for apples pricing.
- Landscaping and infrastructure installations are expensive and generally soil is a fraction of the input costs.
- Using untested soil is risky as it can negatively affect the health of plants and limit projects ability to meet performance expectations.
- We have compiled test Data on dozens of soil stockpile sources in the region and have found most to be undesirable for soil blends or direct plantings due to high clay and low organics.
We create custom media blends by finding a balance of the following factors:
- Determining what the desired performance characteristics are.
- Sourcing predictable, readily available cost effective ingredients.
- Verifying quality and function through extensive lab testing.
We have fully tested blends for:
Trees and Shrubs
Interior Tropical plants and Trees
Green Roof Media
Large integrated planters
LID Blends for
We frequently mix custom design blends for specific projects, depending on the requirements and currently stock the following ingredients for use in our Engineered Soil blends:
- Sandy Loam
- Clay Loam
- CGSA Sand
- 3mm-5mm sand
- Crushed Brick
- Pumice ½” minus
- Douglas Fir Fines
- Composted Fir Bark
- Peat Moss
- Class ‘A’ Compost
- Composted Manure
- ½” Coco Coir
- Bone Meal
- Powdered Gypsum
- Worm Castings
- Soil Activator
- Mycorrhizae Fungi